Saturday, September 15, 2007

The never-ending paint saga



We went to check on the latest paint changes--the dining room, master bedroom, and hallways look great. Our offices look really beautiful with the "Wythe Blue" (the photo shows the color AND the places the painting crew has to resurface prior to adding the final coat). What's not so great: "Wales Green" in Stinson's room looks too acid green now, and "Soft Fern" in the kitchen makes me want to retch. I have no idea what color to use in there as I hate the grey granite and "cherry" cabinets (I know, I know). Anyway, back to the drawing board for those two rooms...

Later today Joe Howell (our former neighbor) is coming by to give us an estimate on installing a new furnace/central heat and a tankless water heater. That sound you hear is my bank account sobbing...

Update from Joe: a new tankless water heater will be $2400; new heating will be $5600-6200. Yikes!